We offer these lists to each of you, new SCA members and well established alike, in hopes that they will be helpful and make your events more enjoyable because you have everything you need! Please feel free to copy and distribute these lists as needed. We would appreciate it if you mention where you got them, but that is not necessary.
TO DO BEFORE PACKING
- WASH COSTUMES and BEDDING
- WASH FEAST GEAR
- CHECK CAR
- CLEAN ARMOR
BASIC EVENT PACKING CHECKLIST
- TRAVEL: FLYER, MAP, WALLET, KEYS, Checkbook, Mundane clothes, Tools
- TENT: Tent, Groundcloth, Pegs, Hammer, Ropes, Field pavilion
- BEDDING: Covers, Pillow, Sleeping bag, Air bed & pump, Bed hangings
- COSTUMES: Hanging, Bagged, Clothes rack, Dirty clothes bag
- ACCESSORIES: Coronets, Regalia, Boots, Belts, Daggers, Hat, Hood, Gloves
- TOILETRIES: Towels, Contact stuff, Shampoo, Soap, Razor, Brush, Mirror
- COMBAT: CUP, CARDS, Armor, Boots, Gauntlets, Shields, Gambeson, Weapons
- FEAST GEAR: Tablecloth, Plate, Silverware, Goblet, Candles, Spices, Bags
- LUXURIES: Banner, Chair, Fan, Tapes & player, Bathing suit, Wine & opener
- ACTIVITIES: Games, Archery, Live weapons, Calligraphy supplies, Projects
- MISC.: FOOD, Duct tape, Glasses, Sunglasses/block, Toilet paper, Bug spray
- EXTRA & EVENT RELATED ITEMS (competition items, documentation, prizes, etc.)
Remember to load the last things you need first, with the first things you will need (such as toiletries, a cloak, the tent/pavilion) on top!
TO DO BEFORE LEAVING
- Pets fed
- Lights & appliances off/on timers
- AC/Heat off or adjusted
- Plants Watered
- DOORS & WINDOWS SHUT & LOCKED
- CHECK MAP & DIRECTIONS!!!
- GARB: Surcoat, pants, hats/hoods, bib, mundane clothes
- FOOD: Formula, water, bottles, baby food, spoon, high chair?
- TOYS: Crib toys, hanging gym, teething toys
- ACCOMODATIONS: Play pen / crib, sheet, blanket, fan, stroller?
- NECESSITIES: MEDICINE, DIAPERS, WIPES, medicine, burp rags, powder
- HOUSEKEEPING: TRASH BAG, soap, towels, laundry soap, dirty clothes bag
- PAVILLION: GROUND CLOTH, roof, walls, wall rings, joints, poles, stakes, ropes, hammer, shovel
- BEDDING: Futon mattress, bed base, sheets, pillows, blankets
- COMFORT: Chairs (Thrones?), table, fan & extension cord, citronella candles, tiki torches, citronella oil, flashlight, carpet, toilet paper, handy-wipes
- COOKING: COOLER, Camp stove, pots, pans, utensils, water, can opener, spices, measuring items, sponge/scrubber, dish soap, washing pan, water
- GARB: Boots, heavy pants, gloves
- SAFETY ITEMS: Authorization card, Riding helmet, sun screen, horse first aid kit
- EQUIPMENT: Lance, spurs, comparisson, short sword, spear, crest, tack items
- FOOD: Non-refrigerated food & fluids (if trail ride), canteen / botta
MISCELLANEOUS IDEAS TO MAKE EVENTS EASIER
ALWAYS CARRY IDENTIFICATION, A LIST OF EMERGENCY CONTACTS, EMERGENCY MEDICAL INFORMATION, AND ANY PRESCRIPTION MEDICATIONS YOU ARE TAKING. THIS IS SOMETHING EVERYONE SHOULD ALWAYS DO, EVENTS OR NOT!
- Plan for unexpected emergencies... a first aid kit and minimal car repair kit with jumper cables really are essentials.
- A mini air pump is very handy, and can inflate air mattresses.
- Always carry a phone card, prepaid phone credits, or memorize one of the collect-but-cheaper numbers.
- List the event sites you frequently go to, and write down the directions to each one.
- Keep that list in your atlas. Keep your atlas in your car.
- When deciding what to take, think through each day of the event chronologically and write down what you will need for everything you plan to do.
- If you can't shower (at primitive sites, etc.) you can clean up effectively with baby wipes or handy wipes.