April 27-29, 2012
Hidden Cove Outdoor Resort
Come join the fun at a new site! We'll have lots of heavy & rapier fighting, live weapons, children's activities, and more! Lady Genevieve will be preparing a delicious feast (limited to 56)! Merchants welcome - please contact the event stewards.
Come join the fight at a new (DISCREETLY WET) site!
10:00am Black Axe Tournament --standard double elimination
12:00pm Baronial Warlord Tournament -- Warlord style, with commanders being members of the barony that wish to compete for the title of Baronial Warlord
1:30pm Baron's Prize List - standard double elimination Unbelted tournament
Events after the tournaments are complete include an extra William Marshall tournament, and Melee scenerios including Combat Archery.
Where noted NO ID- No class
Fees for class should be paid to instructor
- Beginning Heraldry – THLord Stefan d’Gascon - Club Room
- Intro to Humors – Lord William Ismeade, Herb Guild Deputy Steward -Pavilion
- Viking Women's Cap - Discussion on two styles of Viking women’s cap - Learn how to make your own. $5 - Materials provided (handout, pattern, fabric) Limit of 20 - Observers welcome - Mistress Muirghein inghean Rioghain - Club Room
- Russian Folk Dances: Moonshine, Troika, Korabushka, Khoanushka – Milady Fleur Stewart - Pavilion
- Protocol and Precedence – Baroness Lyzianor Galiena - Club Room
- Finger Loop Braiding – Mistress Christine Silkewymman - Pavilion
- History of Henna - Lady Kerstyn Gartenierin - Merchant's Row
- Creating Your Own Herbal Field Guide with a Crafting Limp-Bound Notebooks Demonstration – Arawen of Willow Ford & Lady Aalina of Iron Mountain - Pavilion
- Hound Heraldry– Lord Duncan MacDhai of Roxborough – Club Room
- Medieval Mud – Lady Kerstyn Gartenierin - Merchant's Row
- Cordials, Brewing, and Vinting – using herbs and spices, Intro to Alcohol with herbs and spices (must be at least 21 to taste samples, bring I.D. ) – Lord William Ismeade, Herb Guild Deputy Steward - Club Room
- Mixed Dances: The Laendler, Washerwoman Bransle, Pease Bransle, Angus Reel – Milady Fleur Stewart - Pavilion
- How to do Live Arts as an A&S Faire Entry – THLord Mikolaj Pilypas - Pavilion
- Practical Survey of Beer Styles – With Tasting $3 (must be at least 21 for tasting, bring I.D. ) Observers of all ages welcome – Sensei Kojin the Wayfarer – Club Room
5:00pm -12am - Open Troll - Main gate
5:00pm - 12am - Gold Key - Main Gate
6:00 pm to 8:00 pm - Travelers Fare - Clubroom
10:00 pm to 1:00 am - Bardic/Drumming - Fire ring
7:00am Open Troll
7:00am Gold Key - Main Gate
7:00-8:15am Breakfast in clubroom
9:00am Classes start (see class schedule)
10:00am Hounds Course
10:00am Heavy Fighting see Fighting Schedule
12:00-1:00pm Fundraiser Lunch by Iron Mountain Singers
12:00pm Troll Closes
1:00pm Children's Time with the Hounds
2:00pm Period Fishing
Court at thier discretion
Ball under Pavillion
Pub in the Clubroom
Bardic Circle by the Fire
6:00am - Breakfast - Clubroom
6:30-9:30am _ Gold Key - Clubroom
10:00am - Site closes
The site offers plenty of space perfect for weekend primative camping. Period camping is encouraged but not required. Ground fires are welcome as long as they are tended.
Nearby Jasper and Cullman have a number of hotel options including Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn.
Also available through Hidden Cove:
Full hook-up RV Sites with water/elec/sewer: $25 per night
Tent Sites with elec/water access: $20 per night
Rental Units: $56/night or $99/2 nights
Contact Becky Fredrick, Manager
Hidden Cove Outdoor Resort
(205) 221-7042 phone
(205) 221-0142 fax
Hidden Cove Outdoor Resort is a Nature Preserve and comes with a few additional rules:
Quiet hours begin at 11pm
Children under the age of 18 must be under the direct supervision of a parent or sponsoring adult member during Quiet Time, or they must remain in their own campsite. Due to the size of the site we request that all children be kept within the reasonable distance of "sight and sound" throughout the day.
Remember, campfires must be extinguished and “dead out” when leaving the campsite or campfire area.
Guests may not cut the natural vegetation or in any way destroy the beauty of the preserve
Guests may not cut firewood on the preserves. Dead fall may be collected from the ground at a preserve with the permission of the Preserve Staff
Guests may not hunt on any preserve and all firearms must remain unloaded while on a preserve
Smoking is not allowed in any of our buildings, facilities or rental units
Clotheslines, tie downs, etc., may not be attached to any tree, bush, standpipe, or building
Household pets such as dogs and cats are allowed on site but exotic pets are not. Pets must be kept on a leash and remain under control. People must clean up after their pets and have proof of current vaccinations. Pets are not allowed in the buildings or swimming area
|Day Trip w/Feast||15.00||8.00|
Make checks payable to: SCA, Inc. / Barony of Iron Mountain. Non-members age 13 & up add $5. Family pricing applies per Kingdom Law. Per Meridian Kingdom Law, no family shall pay a site fee higher than three (3) adult member prices for admission to an event as long as the children are 15 years of age or younger and they are all members.
Site opens 5:30pm on Friday and closes 10:00am on Sunday. Event prices are for tenting; a limited number of cabins will be available to rent directly from the park for the SCA special rate of $99 weekend. Please contact Hidden Cove Resort for more details.
Site is DISCREETLY WET.
Due to site regulations those wishing to pre-reserve should print and fill out this form and send it with your payment.
Lady Aminah al-Malek
Agnarr the Skull Cleaver
Sebastian of Iron Mountain
Lady Genevieve Alaiz dAvignon
Aranwen of Willow Ford
1461 Suncrest Circle
Bessemer, AL 35020
HIDDEN COVE OUTDOOR RESORT
687 County Road 3919
Arley, AL 35541
DO NOT USE THIS ADDRESS IN GOOGLE FOR DIRECTIONS, USE THIS LINK OR
GPS Coordinates: N 34°03'14.64" W 87° 8'48.75"
Take I-65 to Exit #308 (Highway 278). TURN WEST (toward Double Springs), go 15 miles. TURN LEFT onto County Road 77. Go 9.5 miles, TURN HARD LEFT (across from Old Nathan's Store) onto County Road 12. Go 4 miles STAYING LEFT at all forks, to Hidden Cove entrance.